The Washington Post has reported talks for a new Microsoft Innovation Center to the Saint Elizabeth's Campus East. Hopes are that new emerging technology facilities will sprout up along with the new Center.
"Redevelopment presents an unparalleled opportunity in the nation’s capital to create a new technology-focused community, combining business, research, higher education and residential uses in a collaborative environment."-from Saint Elizabeth's East RFP Phase One Master Developer
The Request for Proposal outlines constructing an estimated 1300 residential units in a for sale/rent environment. The development includes repurposing older historic buildings, which would mean upgrading each building to modern standards. Along with the development plans are to incorporate over 200,000 square feet of retail space for a mix of shopping.
- New development located in at 2700 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave SE
- In Congress Heights neighborhood of Washington DC and three miles from the Capitol
- Across from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Along the Green Line
- Access to I-295, I-395, and Suitland Parkway+Capital Beltway
- Will cater to over 16,000 combined Homeland Security employees.
So whether you are searching for the perfect future investment opportunity or have plans to move to the area for a new job within the area, consider the potential St. Elizabeth's East will have.
- List View
- Grid View
0 beds, 0 bathslot 6,105 sqftWalk Score® 73MLS DCDC431412
0 beds, 0 baths1 sqft lot 6,795 sqftWalk Score® 57MLS 1002100070
Copyright © 2019 Bright MLS, Inc.
Last Updated: 7/21/19 1:18 AM PDT